Tamworth 4WD Club
Post Address: PO Box 3345, Tamworth, NSW, 2340
Contact Number: 0458 381 615
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Ricky Burton email@example.com
Secretary: Katrina Burton firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Leanne Middleton email@example.com
Delegate(s): David Maunder firstname.lastname@example.org
Incorporation #:Y0185828 Since: 1987
Meeting Place: St John's Ambulance Hall, 72 Napier Street, Tamworth.
Second Tuesday of the month (February to December) at 6.30 pm
Tamworth Recreational 4WD Club was formed in 1976 by local Four Wheel Drive owners. It is a family orientated club and caters for family participation in recreational four wheel drive touring and camping trips into bush land areas of the great natural beauty and attraction.
Club trips can be one day or weekend drives into the state forests and national parks of the local area. Trips of longer duration to various parts of Australia (eg Simpson Desert, Fraser Island, Cape York and Kakadu, just for ideas) are planned annually and in advance. The choice of trip you take is entirely yours, from easy scenic trips to beautiful areas of near inaccessible terrain.
Other clubs activities include social outings, bush camping, bush walking, fishing, driver training days, Xmas in July, demonstrations and inter club activities.
The Objectives of the Club
• To promote safety, friendship and courtesy, both ON and OFF the road, through training, community activities, club and family touring and camping activities.
• To promote and encourage family social activities and organise club tours.
• To conduct meetings and classes whereby members may obtain knowledge enabling them to become proficient in handling, navigation, care and maintenance of their vehicle.
• And in particular to encourage and foster the activity of recreational four wheel driving and endeavour to establish same in the eyes of various Government Departments etc (in particular the National Parks and Wildlife Service, State Forest of N.S.W) as a recognised and responsible family past time.
• To actively encourage the conservation of Australia’s natural environment.
Last update 17.12.19